Excerpted from iVillage.com
“When the temperature drops, lips get dry. You can’t just hide ’em behind lipstick and lip gloss… a red or pink mouth with splits and dead skin on it? So not sexy. Chapped lips are not just unsightly, they can become painful — cracking and bleeding — if not treated properly. Use lip balm, you suggest? Beauty pros point out that it won’t do the trick. In fact, lip balm might be the very chapped-lip culprit because it actually keeps moisture out. What’s a girl to do?
I turned to the experts and was surprised to learn that some of my own lip-caring methods are what’s making them worse!
The Chapped Lips Do’s and Don’ts
Don’t lick your chapped lips,
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS