Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Dr. Robb Akridge (fondly called “Dr. Robb”) is a scientist by training who has done everything from study marine biology and botany to research AIDS vaccines and work for Sonicare. After jumping from a senior scientist for the toothbrush company to a beauty entrepreneur, the opportunity arose to start his own business. Dr. Robb cashed in his 401K and spent two years developing the assays and safety testing of the soon-to-be beauty device must-have: clarisonic.
After a few failed prototypes and learning curves, the Clarisonic came to life and sales began to grow. Shortly after, Clarisonic was featured on Oprah and the craze for the electronic beauty device took off.
BITB spoke with Dr.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS