The controversy about keratin hair straightening systems continues. On the docket for a Congressional staff briefing taking place on Wednesday, May 18, is the “Brazilian Blowout” case-study. The study reportedly revealed that hair products with dangerously high levels of formaldehyde are allowed to be used in salons due to lax federal and state regulations.
The staff briefing is being hosted by the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus, the National Healthy Nail Salon Alliance and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. The overall theme of the briefing is the dangers of chemical exposure in the salon workplace. Salon owners/technicians will give first-hand accounts of working with t
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS