You wouldn’t think of eating food past the expiration date, yet many women apply the same makeup for years. It’s unsanitary and bad for your delicate skin. “Cosmetics are made with organic materials so it’s important to clean out your makeup bag and cabinet regularly,” says Cindy Joseph, a former makeup artist and CEO of the cosmetics company BOOM! By Cindy Joseph. “Once the preservatives are past their potency, bacteria can grow creating possible infection – and natural makeup turns rancid even quicker. As a rule of thumb, if it smells funny or looks strange, toss it. Cleanliness plays a big part in your health which contributes to your beauty. Here’s a rundown on the shelf
With the aroma of gingerbread men in the air, now is a good time to round up some beauty products made with this lovely smelling plant. While ginger, whose name derives from the Old English gingifere, produces clusters of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers, it’s the root – young ginger rhizomes – that is coveted for cooking and medicinal purposes. They can be steeped in boiling water to make ginger tea – a common folk remedy for colds – as well as ginger ale and ginger beer for stomach settlers. Because of its aromatic properties, ginger is found in a variety of fragrant and delightful beauty products like those listed below.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS