Many eyes were on the clothes. But at BITB, we were all about what was above the black roll-neck sweaters of Michael Kors and below the hats of Oscar de la Renta.
However, there seems to have been an unprecedented amount of attention to nails; and although this season had swaths of nude, color is back for Fall 2013, and with a well-needed dose of fun.
At Assembly, Color Club designed neon yellow nails spotted with emojis. “The collection is all about New York and how now work and play are mixed up together,” explained nail lead Simcha Whitehall. “Everyone uses emojis, they are great shorthand and New York is all about speed. We also created black and white cookie nails.”
The third annual Fashion’s Night Out – Thursday, September 8, 2011 – is even bigger and better than ever. Now in 17 countries (from the U.S. to Italy to even India), and all fifty states, Canada and Puerto Rico, the extravagant after-hours shopping party tempts with celebrities, designers and star performances along with special buys, complimentary beauty treatments and champagne – lots of champagne. Here in New York City, retailers’ schedules are chock-a block full of enticing events complete with beauty gift bags and spa nights. Sephora, Henri Bendel, and Dolce & Gabbana are just a few of those involved. Read on for details of some of BITB’s fave FNO treats.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS