Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
What do you think of when you hear the words Aloe Vera? I’m instantly transported back to my teen years when I’d visit my grandparents in Bal Harbour, Florida. My sister, brother and I spent almost every school holiday and summer break hanging out with all the other kids who were visiting their grandparents as well. We’d swim in the ocean and bake ourselves by the pool, obviously a very different time — we weren’t schooled to protect our skin as much as we now know we should. If we got sunburned — and we always did — we’d break open an aloe vera leaf and apply the cool, green gel that oozed out of it directly on the burn. Nothing felt better than that!
Aloe Vera has been used medicinal
Last week, if you were to run your finger against my cheek you would have felt dry, chapped skin. Somehow, I’d let things get a bit out of control. The dry indoor air combined with the freezing cold outdoor air left me with a parched, irritated, dehydrated complexion, and in my quest to correct the situation I gave my skin some tough love instead of treating it with kid gloves and only exacerbated the problem.
Sometimes you need to know when to say enough is enough and call in the big guns so I stopped everything I was doing and decided to bring in an expert. I remembered the transformative Hydrafacial I’d had a while back and how it made a huge difference in my skin’s texture, tone and
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS