Ah August. It’s vacation time—that wonderful time of year when we can get away with not turning on the blowdryer, sporting beachy waves, wearing sleek ponytails and pulling hair up in cute top knots. But, for many of us summer, even late summer, can be a drag on our hair with uncontrollable frizz, fried strands and washed out color.
“For your hair, summer isn’t as much fun as it is for you. It especially suffers from sun exposure, so the less additional heat you apply, the better,” says Dr. Gary L. Marder, founder of Marder Dermatology and Skin Cancer Center in Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Here, we break down the season’s most popular hair problems and ways to keep them in top form
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS