With the aroma of gingerbread men in the air, now is a good time to round up some beauty products made with this lovely smelling plant. While ginger, whose name derives from the Old English gingifere, produces clusters of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers, it’s the root – young ginger rhizomes – that is coveted for cooking and medicinal purposes. They can be steeped in boiling water to make ginger tea – a common folk remedy for colds – as well as ginger ale and ginger beer for stomach settlers. Because of its aromatic properties, ginger is found in a variety of fragrant and delightful beauty products like those listed below.
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS