It’s not even officially summer, yet the beautymakers are well into planning fall makeup looks. The first to hit my desk is the Cinema Noir Collection from Laura Mercier, a sultry, smoky lineup inspired by Hollywood stars of the late 1940s like Ingrid Berman, Katherine Hepburn and Rita Hayworth, who were respected for their intellect and wit as well as their beauty.
The 1940s was the time when black-and-white film transitioned into color. As such, the Cinema Noir Collection features muted shades to represent the transition. Smoky mixes of teal and chocolate blend together to create a sultry eye. Updated shades of rose and mauve for the lips capture the romance of the era, but with a s
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS