Once upon a time there were a select few shades to choose from at the cosmetics counter or drugstore when it came to foundations, powders and concealers. If you didn’t fit into the basic light, medium or dark categories, you probably found yourself without any viable options to match your skin tone.
Remember Prescriptives? The brand’s iconic custom blend foundation offering started in 1979, and became a mainstay at beauty counters in Saks and Bloomies and prestige retailers for three decades. Owned by Estee Lauder, Prescriptives went online exclusively in 2011 after loyal fans were devastated at the idea of losing their personal shades. Another cult classic Elizabeth Arden Custom Fo
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS