Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
August is Hairloss Awareness Month which drives home the issues so many people – women included – deal with on a daily basis. Hair naturally thins with age, but there are many other factors that can contribute to excessive shedding, including genetics, medications, hormones, illness, and of course, stress. Over time, the hair follicles shrink and eventually they stop growing altogether.
According to Washington DC dermatologist Rebecca Kazin, hair thinning is a huge concern for both men and women. “A type of stress-related hairloss is called telogen effluvium, which is the second most common hair loss condition seen by Dermatologists. The acutely stressful event (death in the family, job l
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS