Neal M. Blitz, DPM, a New York City-based reconstructive podiatric surgeon and the Chief of Foot Surgery and Associate Chairman of Orthopaedics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital in New York, has changed the playing field for people with bunions with his signature Bunionplasty(SM) procedure. Bunions are “bumps” on the joint at the base of the big toe that form when the bone or tissue at the joint moves out of place. As a result, the toe is forced to bend toward the others, causing the bunion and lots of pain!
The surgery, along with an implant he developed to hold the bone steady, has allowed for a much shorter, cast- and crutch-less recovery after bunion surgery. This allows many shoe-lovin
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON