Fabulous and good-for-you beauty products need not break the bank, according to the winning results of SELF magazine’s 2011 Healthy Beauty Awards, featured now in the publication’s May issue. The winners were all selected by SELF readers – more than 2,200 women tested a year’s worth of new beauty products, 1,187 in total, ultimately choosing the best hair, face, makeup, body and sun items.
“Consumers are refusing to pay for things that don’t fulfill a promise of efficacy,” said Elaine D’Farley, SELF beauty director. Products that multi-task, energize, are easy to
Beautyinthebag.com Founder and Editor in Chief Wendy Lewis talks moisturisers, sunscreen and exfoliation with the UK’s Daily Mail. Plus, check out “The Best Moisturisers from £2.99.” Smooth skin on a budget, sweet!
Read Back to Basics: Nothing keeps wrinkles at bay better than moisturiser by Alice Hart-Davis.
You’ve just spent your clothing allowance to get your wardrobe in check for the coming summer season, so after buying your maxi dress, strappy sandals, wrap and lots more, your beauty budget has become just that…budget!
Expert help is at hand. Jackie Tyson, celebrity makeup artist and chief makeup artist for the X Factor has hand-picked the best cult beauty buys for under £5 to update your makeup bag and see you through the coming months of sunshine:
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS