Today the choices facing women with a diagnosis of breast cancer are numerous, however, not all women are being made aware of their options by their physicians. Major strides in breast reconstruction techniques have been made over the past decade so many women can be spared the long scars, prolonged recovery, staged procedures, and impact on their self esteem.
The two main considerations women have regarding breast reconstruction are when to have surgery (immediate or delayed) and what surgery to have done (autologous flap, fat grafting, tissue expander and/or shaped or round implants). One of the biggest advances has been the increase in the nipple sparing mastectomy technique.
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event