Photo Credit: plasticsurgery.org
He is the man of the hour, but Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Jay Orringer, MD, is not one for seeking the spotlight. Orringer performed actress and advocate Angelina Jolie’s breast reconstruction surgery earlier this year, yet he is only officially coming forward now.
Academy Award winner Jolie, a mother of six and human rights advocate, underwent a preventive mastectomy to reduce her risk of breast cancer after gene testing. She opened up about her experiences in a New York Times Op-Ed piece that got the world talking about breast cancer risk. Jolie’s mother, actress Marcheline Bertrand, died from ovarian cancer in 2007, at the age of 56.
Jolie tested positive for the BRCA1 gene
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS