There seems to be no escape. Everywhere we go we’re bombarded with celebrity photos that scream subliminal and obvious messages: Look like this woman! Have thighs like her! This barrage of unrealistic body ideals cause many parents to worry about how these images negatively affect the self-image of their teenage daughters. Enter Alice Hart-Davis and her teen daughter Beth Hindhaugh, who have taken up the challenge to combat the trend with a new book called 100 Ways for Every Girl to Look and Feel Fantastic (Walker Books, £9.99).
“It’s an awful fact of life that teen girls have to get their head around—that while their parents and teachers are telling them that their value as h
Photo Credit: wwww.rizzoliusa.com
When it comes to applying makeup, I have to admit, I’m no expert. I love changing up colors and textures but inevitably always end up using the same techniques. Makeup Your Mind: Express Yourself, a new book by François Nars, founder of NARS Cosmetics, has changed all that with its plethora of tips that can help even a neophyte makeup artist like me.
This beautiful coffee-table size book begins with great tips from François Nars about skincare, proper makeup tools, and working with color (he says: “Have some fun! It’s only makeup!”). His skincare tips are particularly useful, as he explains the importance of clean skin as a canvas for makeup.
The book is divided by age grou
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS