Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
A typical head of hair loses approximately 100 strands per day, but if you’re noticing an excessive number of hairs on the pillow in the morning, in the shower drain or in your comb, this may be a sign of female pattern hair loss. Rather than causing large balding areas, female hair loss typically presents as a widening part or scalp visibility in some areas. Excessive shedding can also be due to an underlying health problem or scalp issue, which results in temporary hair loss called Telogen Effluvium.
Regardless of cause, hair loss typically worsens if left untreated, which is why it’s important to visit a qualified hair restoration physician if you suspect a problem. He or she will
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON