It turns out women approaching big milestone birthdays actually have positive feelings about it, whether they are nearing 30 or 60, according to a survey by Harris Interactive(R) on behalf of aesthetic laser company Cutera, Inc, the California-based manufacturer of devices for hair removal, skin resurfacing, skin laxity, and vascular disorders. In an effort to help doctors understand and meet the needs of their patients, Cutera comissioned the study to look at attitudes of women ages 25-29, 35-39, 45-49 and 55-59.
“Typically, women approaching 30, 40 or 50 will visit our office to celebrate an upcoming ‘big’ birthday and treat themselves to a series of laser treatments or a dermal f
Fess up. Are you one of those women who “fib” about their age? Do you make yourself just a few years younger?
It’s just a number. I always tell my real age when asked. First, I am proud of my experience and wisdom. Secondly, how young can I keep making my children without people thinking I was a teenage mother? My daughters are in their 20s! And who can remember what you told to whom – and what if it comes up in conversation and you get caught in a great big lie? That would be even worse.
Here is a fun story that really was my catalyst to honesty. I was at a 50th birthday party for a business associate. When asked how old she was, she replied 45. One of the women at the tabl
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS