For the first time in over 60 years, and just in time for summer, the FDA approved an exciting new product for spider veins called Asclera™ (polidocanol) Injection from Merz Aesthetics. Polidocanol has been widely used in Europe for many years, but this is the first time it has come to American shores.
Asclera can treat thread veins of less than 1 mm in diameter and uncomplicated and small varicose veins from 1 to 3 mm in diameter from the thighs down. Once injected, Asclera™ works by damaging the cell lining of blood vessels, causing them to collapse right before your eyes. The advantages of this solution over many of the other commonly used vein solutions is that doctors rem
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE