Photo Credit: origins.com
Antioxidants are widely used in beauty products due to the fact that they’re known to stop and even help reverse oxidative damage from free radicals as well as promote the proliferation of healthy cells. Arielle N.B. Kauvar, MD, Clinical Professor of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine and Director of New York Laser & Skin Care says “anti-oxidants and sunscreen are the most important skin care products to use during the day when exposure to environmental effects, such as sun and pollutants are highest.”
There are a limitless number of antioxidants to be found in beauty products–everything from vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopherol, vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, lycop
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON