May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month and a good time to examine your body for potential problem spots. Among the most common skin cancers – which include melanoma, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma – melanoma is the most serious and potentially deadly. It must be treated and surgically removed for survival.
The good news is that if diagnosed and removed while in its early stages, melanoma is almost 100 percent curable. Unfortunately, once it spreads it is difficult to treat and is frequently deadly.
“Prevention, early detection and surgical treatment still offer the best chance for survival of melanoma,” said Dr. Gary Goldenberg, a New York-based board-certified de
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE