Nail parlors as inviting as a Starbucks? Seems like an impossibility, but Julep founder Jane Park envisioned nail salons as bonding places for women, much like golf courses are for men, and made it a reality. In 2007, she opened the first Julep nail parlor in Seattle and today runs a brand that specializes in nails but also offers skincare, beauty, and hair products that are sold at Sephora and online. Building a social media community has been key to the brand’s success and now includes thousands and thousands of members. Here Jane shares her story with Beauty in the Bag.
Tell us a bit about your background. How did you get started in the beauty business?
I was a
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE