The African Baobab, also known as the “Tree of Life,” is having a beauty moment. Defying botanical mortality, it can live up to 1,000 years (some are 5,000 years old). Found in Africa and Australia, the tree produces fruit called “monkey bread” that is rich in antioxidants, and is now being tapped by beauty companies for use in hair care and skincare.
The reason? Antioxidants. Scientists look for plants that tend to live long or those that live in harsh environmental conditions, and usually these types of plants have high levels of antioxidants or other ingredients that protect them from damage.
Here are three new products to try that contain baobab.
Phyto Baobab Oil ($40)
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE