Photo Credit: Aveda
PRODUCT: Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer
I've been fighting with my hair for most of my adult life. Save for the rare perfect hair day, I am embroiled in an ongoing battle with a schizo opponent. Is it straight, wavy, curly? Yes, sometimes all at once, and almost always with some degree of frizz. Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer ($19) is a welcome addition to my hair arsenal. I had been so busy straightening my hair that I forgot how amazing a beautiful head of curls can look and feel. The product relies on wheat protein and aloe to put the spring into locks, banish frizz and amp up shine. It's nice to work with my hair's tendency instead of resisting it, and Be Curly makes things so easy. After generously applying it to damp hair, I let it air dry; the packaging promises excellent results with a diffuser, but I chose to give my hair a reprieve from heat styling and still achieved gorgeous and effortless results. The fragrance is nice and subtle, and the resulting texture is fabulous. With Be Curly I can count on a good-looking outcome with minimal prep time.
BY WAY OF: GIFTED
Would you buy it again? NO
Would you recommend it to a friend? YES
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS