Jana Blankenship grew up spending every summer in the tiny coastal town of Sorrento, Maine, hiking lush forests, swimming in the salty ocean and exploring the nearby islands. Her love for nature and the smells of the seaweed, ocean pine and wild roses first inspired Jana to create natural perfumes and eventually skincare, body care and haircare products. When friends wanted to start selling her products at their store, she knew she needed to start a company, and Captain Blankenship set sail.
Captain Blankenship is a small, women-run company in the Hudson River Valley and grew upon Jana’s mission to create organic beauty products that form a direct link with nature. From toner and face
Photo Credit: bobbibrowncosmetics.com
Nudes or the “no makeup” look is becoming more popular. There is a huge range of nude makeup shades that are available — Maybelline, Urban Decay, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, and more — and even some celebrities, like Jennifer Aniston, are embracing the au naturale look. Aniston recently ditched the makeup for her role in Cake, saying that she found it “dreamy, empowering, and liberating.”
Makeup artist Gita Bass is fond of the nude look, and has worked with celebrities like Ashley Greene, Selena Gomez, Katie Holmes, Debra Messing, among others. Her mantra is about taking care of your skin first, and the makeup will come later. She gave Beauty in the Bag 7 great “no makeup” look tips.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS