Photo Credit: FGI.org
On a sunny day in May, a bevy of beauty industry experts, influencers, bloggers and creative directors assembled in the Grand Ballroom of the New York Hilton to hear an informative Fashion Group International panel of six offer up their unique perspectives on what’s hot now and in the future and why.
Karen Young, President of The Young Group opened the luncheon event by introducing Jessica Matlin, Beauty Director of Harper’s Bazaar and co-founder of the podcast Fat Mascara. “Everything is niche today,” said Jessica. “Brands with a clear point of view that bring something no one else has said before are in demand. They feel authentic and relatable.” She added that if your brand doesn’t hav
Photo Credit: Twisted Lily
Maybe it started with designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s fragrance talk at the Brooklyn Museum, but the borough known for hipsters, farm-to-table dining, and cutting edge artists can now add niche fragrance destination to its highlights.
“We’re joining a growing neighborhood of upmarket boutiques, Nolita outposts, and restaurants near downtown Brooklyn, the Barclay Center, and transportation that’s fast becoming a destination for fragrance and niche beauty,” says Eric Weiser, co-owner of Twisted Lily Fragrance Boutique & Apothecary. Last month, Weiser and his partner, Stamatis Birsimijoglou, opened a neighborhood boutique to showcase niche, indie, and local perfumes that are toug
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS