Long, fluttering eyelashes have long been prized as signs of beauty. Unfortunately, as we age, our lashes become thinner and shorter, a condition often unaddressed, according to a recent survey sponsored by women’s health information resource HealthyWomen and Allergan.
The study, which surveyed HealthyWomen readers between the ages of 35 and 60, revealed that 80% of women consider their eyes to be their best feature, but an astonishing 90% of women who notice thinning lashes do not see a doctor about the condition.
So what gives? Perhaps it’s the belief that nothing can be done. More than 50% of women in the study reported that no lash products have provided satisfaction in making
Do your brows have the WOW factor? For many of us, eyebrows are an afterthought. But perfectly shaped eyebrows can transform your look and take years off your face – like a eyelift with a tweezer.
“For eyebrows to look naturally beautiful, you have to work with the brow shape you were born with,” says makeup artist Tonya Crooks of L.A.’s Mirror Mirror Beauty Studio. “Most brows are either an arc, like Madonna, an arch, like Eva Mendes or straight, like Natalie Portman’s.”
Tonya suggests that you have brows waxed professionally to determine the best shape. Then accentuate with light strokes using a brow pencil or brow powder. To help you add pizzazz to your eyes, take a look
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS