New York City cosmetic dentist Debra Glassman, DMD, is well known for her sparkling smile as well as the signature feminine touch she provides to the smiles of her patients—many of whom are women. Of late, Glassman has joined forces with GlaxoSmithKline, the makers of ProNamel Toothpaste, to draw attention to the deleterious effects that acid erosion can have on a smile and the surprising foods that can contribute to acid erosion.
She answered some questions about the new campaign, the latest and greatest in cosmetic dentistry, and what a healthy smile really looks like for Beauty in the Bag.
Here’s what she had to say:
Why does our oral health m
The old saying still rings true: “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.” The vitamin-packed fruit helps prevent heart attacks, strokes, cancers and diseases as well as fight inflammation and remove toxins. But, can they be great for our skin too?
Experts are saying yes, and the apple’s body-boosting benefits are cropping up in a slew of beauty products—mascara, toothpaste, body scrubs, face creams and serums—that promise to reverse cell damage, increase skin renewal, while they smooth and protect.
- MEET DR. DEEPAK DUGAR – BOARD CERTIFIED RHINOPLASTY SURGEON
- MEET JACK JIA – FOUNDER AND CEO OF MUSELY
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS