Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Just about everyone strives for smooth, fuzz-free skin from the waist down (especially come summer) but shaving, waxing and other depilation methods often come at a price: Ingrown hairs. According to Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey board-certified dermatologist Naana Boakye, M.D., the root cause (no pun intended) of this common problem is the body’s natural reaction to a foreign object. “When shaving, hair is cut on an angle, which creates a sharp tip that often penetrates into the dermis and causes inflammation.” To this end, Dr. Boakye’s top hair-removal recommendations are lasers and threading (she’s not a fan of waxing due to the risk of heat-induced discoloration), but if you jus
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON