Options Abound for Canadians Seeking Injectable Treatments
As of spring 2010, there were over 30 approved dermal fillers on the Canadian market. For a traditionally conservative aesthetic culture- that’s more than a little overwhelming.
Canada’s history with filler dates back to the 1980s when Inamed (later Allergan) introduced a series of bovine purified bovine collagen fillers to the market. Though collagen products have largely fallen out of favour, Allergan’s Zyderm™, was discontinued in November 2010, collagen can be credited with popularizing injectables for smoothing of facial lines, wrinkles and the ever-popular lip plumping.
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS