Twas the night before fashion week and with clothes strewn through the house, a fashionista was deciding between McQueen or Marras….
But away from such dilemmas, other fashionable folk will be hurtling towards A Night of Green Beauty at James Corbett Studio in Chelsea (5-9pm, Wednesday, September 4, 2013). Billed as New York Fashion Week’s first ever, all-organic beauty event, founders of such super green labels including La Bella Figura, One Love Organics, Dr Alkaitis, organic perfumers, Lurk, and Annee de Mamiel with her famous face-oils will be demonstrating their products. Best of all (unlike at fashion week) everyone is welcome.
Corbett’s hairdressers will be on hand at
As Hanukkah is celebrated around the world this week, oil has a very special significance. But to a bystander like myself, I have never been sure as to—why?
“The real miracle of Hanukkah is that the Jewish army won the war against the Greeks,” explains Devon Portney, a former Hebrew teacher. “When they returned to the desecrated temple, they wanted to purify it by burning the remaining oil in the candelabra. But there was only enough oil to last for one day, but somehow it lasted for eight, which is why we celebrate for eight days.”
Oil not only has huge religious significance at this time of year—traditional Hanukkah fried food is quite irresistible, latke’s anyone—i
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE
- MEET RAMAN KAPOOR – REGISTERED DIETICIAN AND CO-FOUNDER OF NEA MEDICAL AESTHETIC CLINIC
- MEET A.J. HANLEY, CO-OWNER OF THE HUMANE COMPANY