Fashion Week may come and go like a blur of sequined gowns, but the trends it triggers have a ripple effect for months. During New York City’s Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, notable and established designers as well as young rising stars presented their Spring/Summer 2013 lines at Lincoln Center, MILK Studios, and other trendy venues. Backstage, nearly all the big names in beauty were hard at work—making up, touching up, and styling the models.
As for the trends, there were so many, but the following really caught our eye.
Homage to the 1980s: Both makeup artists and hairstylists alike sought inspiration from the 1980s to create contemporary looks. At the Tracy Reese show, hairstylist J
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS