Bathing suit season is once again upon us, but for the 80 million Americans who have spider and varicose veins on their legs, this is not such a cause celebre. These often unsightly, twisty or bulging veins may make hitting the beach and showing some skin less than appealing this summer.
New York City vein specialist Ousaima Al-Misky, M.D. understands exactly how this feels. She was once one of the afflicted. Treatment to remove her veins was so successful that she decided to devote her practice to helping others achieve the same results.
Al-Misky sat down with Beauty in the Bag to talk about the difference between spider and varicose veins, their treatments as well as her personal
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS