Most hair stylists and colorists recommend not washing hair every day as it can strip oils. I often follow this rule, but after one day of not lathering up, my fine color-treated hair looks limp and greasy. That’s why I’m a huge fan of dry shampoo. It not only refreshes hair in between washes, but also adds great body and texture to fine hair like mine.
Most of the time I shy away from hair products that are overly scented, but the new Alterna bamboo style cleanse extend translucent dry shampoo ($22) in mango coconut and sheer blossom smell heavenly and soak up my greasy roots without leaving any chalky residue. A few spritzes of the light aerosol spray to roots added tons of volu
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS