Most hair stylists and colorists recommend not washing hair every day as it can strip oils. I often follow this rule, but after one day of not lathering up, my fine color-treated hair looks limp and greasy. That’s why I’m a huge fan of dry shampoo. It not only refreshes hair in between washes, but also adds great body and texture to fine hair like mine.
Most of the time I shy away from hair products that are overly scented, but the new Alterna bamboo style cleanse extend translucent dry shampoo ($22) in mango coconut and sheer blossom smell heavenly and soak up my greasy roots without leaving any chalky residue. A few spritzes of the light aerosol spray to roots added tons of volu
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON