Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
If you think the physical effects of drinking stop at headaches, nausea, and possible damage to your liver and kidneys, it is time to face reality. The damage can be much greater than that. Dr. Christopher Calapai, an East Meadow, New York based Osteopathic Physician board certified in family medicine says alcohol consumption can affect your health in that it can also lead to chronic colds from a suppressed immune system, poor eyesight from a vitamin deficiency, slow-to-heal cuts and bruises from a diminished amount of white blood cells, fatigue from an insufficient amount of REM sleep, voice changes from dehydration and constriction of the vocal cords, and memory loss from an out-of-whack b
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON