Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Hair stylist Alain Pinon is the “A” in Salon AKS, a shishi salon just off of Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The Parisian-born Pinon began his career at Jean Louis DeJorges and moved on to Paris’ Bruno Dessange Salon, eventually working at their Washington, D.C. and New York City salons as well. From there, he moved to the Bergdorf Goodman Salon, and then 20 years ago, he teamed up with the K, Kao Hui, and the S, Susanna Romano, to open Salon AKS. The rest, as they say, is history.
“It’s been such an amazing ride,” he says. Pinon spoke to Beauty in the Bag about his vision, his clientele and the celebs with the best hair.
Here’s what he had to say:
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS