Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Hair stylist Alain Pinon is the “A” in Salon AKS, a shishi salon just off of Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The Parisian-born Pinon began his career at Jean Louis DeJorges and moved on to Paris’ Bruno Dessange Salon, eventually working at their Washington, D.C. and New York City salons as well. From there, he moved to the Bergdorf Goodman Salon, and then 20 years ago, he teamed up with the K, Kao Hui, and the S, Susanna Romano, to open Salon AKS. The rest, as they say, is history.
“It’s been such an amazing ride,” he says. Pinon spoke to Beauty in the Bag about his vision, his clientele and the celebs with the best hair.
Here’s what he had to say:
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS