In an era when Manhattan has turned into a playground for the rich and famous, it’s uplifting to find an independent oasis that is not pretentious, corporate, or part of an impersonal chain. Such is my recent discovery of urban getaway, O’Live Organic Spa.
Located on the third floor of a nondescript office building just east of Madison Square Park, this Zen-inspired hideaway offers a carefully edited menu of facials, massages, body treatments, and organic airbush tanning.
The spa’s owner Monika Emad is a certified Reiki healer and committed to incorporating organic and eco-friendly products into the O’Live’s treatments. “From the scent of organic oils, fruit, and herbs throug
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS