Photo Credit: depositphotos.com
Alpha-hydroxy acids, also known as AHAs, may be older than you are (at least if you’re under the age of 30)—but these exfoliators are key for youthful-looking skin. AHAs help reveal and maintain radiant skin, boost hydration and enhance firmness when used in your daily skincare regimen or in a chemical peel at your dermatologist’s office—without the side effects of more aggressive treatments.
As with many skincare ingredients, acid-based exfoliation can get a little confusing, so it’s important to know the basics. AHAs can be synthetic or naturally derived from fruit, sugar cane, milk and a variety of other sources, however they all work by loosening the bonds that hold dead ski
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE