When I think of skin cancer, I immediately think melanoma, the most serious and deadliest form of skin cancer, which forms in the cells that produce melanin. But, little did I know that precancerous lesions, such as Actinic Keratosis (AK), the most common precancer, affect more than 58 million Americans.
Actinic Keratosis—also known as solar keratosis—is a precancerous skin condition brought on by sun exposure and often appears on the face, forearms, chest and back, but can also surface anywhere on the body. The lesions tend to be raised and are usually scaly or crusty, and more common in those with fair complexions—blond or red hair and green or blue eyes—and those who ha
- MEET SONIA KHEMIRI AND SYLVIE GIRET – CO-FOUNDERS OF BEAUTYQUE NYC
- SPONSORED: SHOPBOP SUMMER SALE IS HERE!
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #STAYTHEFHOME – TRY THESE NEW K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS