When I think of skin cancer, I immediately think melanoma, the most serious and deadliest form of skin cancer, which forms in the cells that produce melanin. But, little did I know that precancerous lesions, such as Actinic Keratosis (AK), the most common precancer, affect more than 58 million Americans.
Actinic Keratosis—also known as solar keratosis—is a precancerous skin condition brought on by sun exposure and often appears on the face, forearms, chest and back, but can also surface anywhere on the body. The lesions tend to be raised and are usually scaly or crusty, and more common in those with fair complexions—blond or red hair and green or blue eyes—and those who ha
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE