Acne affects up to 50 million people every year, and it’s not just a teen thing either, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. Way too many adults will break out into their 30s, 40s and even 50s, and an unlucky few can even develop acne for the first time as adults.
And although the treatment of this common skin condition has remained the same for years, researchers are finally getting closer to identifying the root cause of acne and as a result, the pipeline is now bursting with new treatments.
Inflammation has become quite the buzz word in medical circles, and it is increasingly linked to a host of diseases and conditions including acne. The
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS
- MEET JAMES BECKMAN, MD – PLASTIC SURGEON AND FOUNDER OF THERADERM CLINICAL SKIN CARE