As a former acne sufferer, I know the devastating effects of breakouts. It’s not just the unattractive spots and the physical scars they leave behind—acne is also associated with low self esteem and a feeling of helplessness. The good news is your acne can be treated and managed, and in some cases even cured.
In case you don’t know, acne occurs when your pores become clogged and inflamed. Pimple formation depends on the presence of oil and dead skin cells (to clog) and bacteria (to infect and inflame). Therefore, acne fighting ingredients generally work by combating oil, encouraging skin cell turnover (in other words, promoting exfoliation), or killing bacteria. There are a lot of
We get more questions from our loyal BEAUTYINTHEBAG subscribers about acne than almost anything else – except maybe what to do about wrinkles. So we will be bringing you a 3 PART SERIES – PIMPLE PLAN. The first installment covers Acne Meds, then we will move on to Acne Treatments in the Dermatologist’s office, medspa or clinic. Finally, we will cover some of the best and most effective Acne Skincare Brands.
- MEET DR. LARA DEVGAN – BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON AND REALSELF CHIEF MEDICAL EDITOR
- MEET DR. ROBERT MORIN – PLASTIC SURGEON, CRANIOFACIAL SURGEON AND PEDIATRIC PLASTIC SURGEON
- #StayTheFHome and Try These New K-Beauty Products
- MEET DR. MILLICENT ROVELO – BEVERLY HILLS PLASTIC SURGEON
- SPONSORED: ShopBop – The Spring Event