Photo Credit: DepositPhotos.com
Foundation is one of theÂ most important steps in your makeupÂ routine because when your complexion looks flawlessÂ — smooth, fresh and luminous — everything else looks better too.Â You want it to look like you’re wearing nothing at all, yet most woman still need adequate coverage. I’m happy to report thatÂ Shiseido’s eagerly awaited makeup launch isÂ here, and you’re going to loveÂ looking glowy.
Shiseido’s newÂ Future Solution LX Total Radiance Foundation SPF20 ($85)Â contains brightening ingredients plus the brand’sÂ exclusive Skingenecell 1P, an amino acid derivative that decreases Serpin B3 (a protein found in damaged skin) forÂ smoother, more hydrated skin. Its new light technology diffuses and reflects akin to a camera’s softening filter effect. What does this mean for you? Upon application, your fine lines and wrinkles, visible pores, Â uneven skin tone and slack skin will all but disappear.
Shiseido’sÂ Future Solution LX Total Radiance Loose Powder ($60) is formulated with Super Bio-Hyaluronic Acid to increase and maintain optimal moisture levels, which is particularly important this time of year. It is silky, smooth to the touch, creates translucent radiance, and gives a beautiful finish. You can wear itÂ alone or together with the foundation to look more polished and have your makeup last all day.
5 TIPS TO FIX YOUR FOUNDATION:
- Shop for foundation with a clean face to get a true reading of what the shades actually look like on your skin.
- Don’t test foundationÂ on the back of your hand — apply it to your jawline instead and check it in natural light. The right shade willÂ Â blend seamlessly with no lines of demarcation.
- Apply moisturizer and give it 5 minutes to “sink in” before applying your foundation. Use a tissue to gently blot any excess product before applying your makeup.
- You don’t have to apply foundation everywhere, like a mask. For the freshest finish, start in the center of your face where there’s usually more redness around the nose area, and work your way out from there.
- A foundationÂ brush will give you the most preciseÂ application. Simply stroke it on in sweeping motions and continue to blend into the skin until it vanishes. If you want a sheerer look, use a damp sponge. After wetting and squeezing out excess water, dip into the foundation and lightly press into skin in a blotting motion, until desired coverage is achieved.