Your chock-full calendar says it all. The back to back parties, endless entertaining, marathon-length to-do lists and too much time and money spent partaking in online and in-store shopping are enough to put anyone over the edge. We can’t guarantee a stress-free season for you but the right arsenal of beauty products formulated with known stress relievers couldn’t hurt and just might make those endless tasks downright enjoyable.
Here, 6 products full of potent and effective essential oils to help you stress less:
1. If you’re the do-it-yourself type you’ll love this Peppermint & Pine Room Spray recipe from beauty expert, Indie Lee. The refreshing scent helps fight mental exhaustion and other seasonal stressors and you’ll love that it’s made with just three natural ingredients, making it a toxin-free blend free from unnecessary chemicals and synthetic fragrances. To do, you’ll need 1 cup distilled water, 15 drops peppermint essential oil, 10 drops pine essential oil and an 8oz glass or metal spray bottle. Just pour the distilled water into the spray bottle, add your essential oils and shake the bottle vigorously. Allow it to sit at least two hours to blend before using. Then, before each use, shake bottle again to mix ingredients.
2. Tata Harper Aromatic Stress Treatment ($80) can be used as often as you feel the need. It contains Linden Blossom to calm, Rose Otto to alleviate anxiety, Neroli for its uplifting qualities and Frankincense to relax mind and body alike. To immediately reduce stress and anxiety, simply apply it to the palms of your hands, rub them together and inhale-exhale for at least five deep belly breaths.
3. Earth Therapeutics Dream Zone Pillow Mist ($9), sprayed onto your pillow will help you find your deep doze zone. It’s formulated with the soothing and calming aromas of lavender and valerian to calm your mind, mandarin oil to promote relaxation and peppermint oil to help clear your head. *Will not stain pillowcase.
4. Origins Calm To Your Senses Lavender and Vanilla Body Souffle ($33) smells downright incredible. Add on the fact that it’s made with super-rich Olive, Grape Seed and Apricot Kernel Oils so it moisturizes and softens your skin and you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it. Simply massage in and reap the relaxing, rejuvenating benefits and properties of Lavender (proven to reduce stress, anxiety and even insomnia) and Vanilla (proven to dispel anxiety) for a winning combination.
5. Aveda Stress-Fix Concentrate ($24) should be kept in your bag for easy access anywhere, any time. Whenever you feel the need for a little relief, roll it over your pulse points or any other area and breathe in the essence of lavender, lavandin and clary sage.
6. Kneipp Herbal Bath Stress-Free ($20), poured into a warm, steamy tub makes it easy to soak your stress away. The healing combo of water therapy and concentrated Mandarin and Orange essential oils will effectively soothe, calm and support your overall wellbeing and help steady your nerves.