Photo Credit: sephora.com
Another Hallmark momentâ€”National Lipstick Day is July 29th. Who knew?
Lipsticks are certainly taking their place in the spotlight. The days of picking up a prestige lipstick for less than a $20 bill are long since gone. Premium lipsticks are commanding up to $55. But honestly ladies, one glam lipstick can make you feel (and look) like a cool mil.
In honor of the occasion, Beautyinthebag is celebrating with a roundup of our 10 absolute favorite lipsticks to own right now:
- Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color ($50): Our numero uno all time fave lipstick that adds luxe to your lips in sumptuous shades from beiges to browns, with a creamy, rich texture that you just have to try once and you’re hooked.
- HourglassÂ Femme Rouge Velvet CrÃ¨me Lipstick ($30): In addition to its cushiony, long-lasting color, we love this cream lipstick because it is refillable. Available in 16 shades, the colors tend toward deeply pigmented reds, browns, and rich neutrals.
- Dior Beauty Dior Addict ExtremeÂ ($32): Shine and vibrant color define the 17 shades of this Dior favorite that runs the gamut of pinks, caramels, and browns. No matte options here, just perfect long-wearing color that resists fading.
- Le MÃ©tier de BeautÃ© Colour Core Moisture Stain Lipstick ($32): Emollient-rich, long wearing creamy lip color infuses moisture to your pucker in soft and pretty shades like nude, pink, and plum.
- Givenchy Le Rouge Intense Color Sensuously Matte Lipstick ($36): Youâ€™ll love taking this lipstick out of your purse. Its case is made of leather, which is oh so soft and subtle to the touch. Itâ€™s called matte, but it is really more semi-matte, which means itâ€™s not drying at all, and comes in six rose, plum, and berry shades.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Lovemarc Matte Lip Gel ($30): Designer Marc Jacobs presents five matte shades in a unique gel formula that hydrates and moisturizes. The carefully curated collection of saturated colors is scented with vanilla for a multi-sensorial experience.
- Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Color ($35): From the late master of color cosmetics, this lip collection features 16 shades from soft cool pink to deep blood red and plum brown. Wild mango fruit butter lends a healing benefit for damaged lips.
- By Terry Rouge Terrybly $39.50: By Terryâ€™s exclusive anti-aging LumilipÂ® Technology turns this plumping lip elixir into a firming and volumizing treatment. Eighteen shades offer options for all skin tones. Ceramides and hyaluronic filling spheres keep lips plump and youthful.
- La Prairie Cellular Luxe Lip Colour ($55): Like all La Prairie products, this lipstick is exquisitely packaged. The 23 shadesâ€”pinks, browns, purples, and a redâ€”feature the brandâ€™s caviar extract and cellular complex for a full treatment and long-wearing lipstick.
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick ($35): A new-generation lipstick inspired by Monsieur Saint Laurentâ€™s iconic color paletteâ€”red, fuchsia and orangeâ€”in a collection of shades that offer everyone a customized look. Thirty-three shades provide medium to full coverage with a satin finish.