Photo Credit: scottpatric.com
Scott Patric knows a thing or two about the power of fashion and beauty. As the lead, on-camera, makeup artist for Lifetime TVâ€™s Primetime Emmy-nominated Project Runway, Project Runway All Stars and Project Runway Under The Gunn, he knows how to make women look stunning on the runway and off. A fave of Hollywood A-listers, Scott has made up some famous faces including Heidi Klum, Alyssa Milano, Angelina Jolie, Naomi Campbell, Salma Hayek, Gisele Bundchen, Madonna, Kate Moss, and Kerry Washington, to name a few. He has been a regular regular fixture on the global fashion circuit, and his signature looks have rocked shows for Chanel, Balenciaga, Armani, Donna Karan and Michael Kors.
Beautyinthebag asked Scott to give us the scoop on what’s trending this season and some of us his insider tips for how to look glam by day or by night.
It is fun, challenging, and exhilarating working with the models and designers on Project Runway. We are in a creative time crunch, so we use all our know-how and creativity to pull it all together and make a great look for the audience and judges to view.
- Have a clear and simple direction before you start your makeup and you will get there faster and the look will be neater when you finish.
- Pick a feature to focus. If today the focus is a red lip, just define the eye and let the lip speak. If tomorrow it’s a smokey eye, then the lip steps back.
- “Sheer out” your foundations with moisturizer. Use foundation on problem spots from the bottle, and where your skin is great, let it show through by sheering out.
- Always us lots of mascara!! If you are in a rush, don’t skip the mascara, skip something else because the eyes are the window to your soul!!
- A white, shimmery highlight in the inner corner of your eye makes it look like you’ve had lots of rest. It brightens your whole face.
Every woman should have blotting papers, an eyelash curler, and Burt’s Bees peppermint lip balm in her purse!