Photo Credit: beautyinthebag.com
Eliut Rivera has been published in several publications, such as Elle, Allure, W, Harper’s Bazaar and more, he has also won the prestigious Allure Best of Beauty Long Hair Stylist Award.
Since founding Eliut Salon in 2003, Eliut has hired a talented team of stylists and colorists. Eliut Salon is known for beautiful blowouts, stylish cuts, sexy extensions and sophisticated color. Earlier this year, Eliut Salon moved to a new location on Park Avenue and 60th Street, doubling in size. The new expansive salon is a chic and modern setting where no detail is overlooked. Eliut Salon offers a luxurious experience with beautiful cuts, color and styling results.
Beauty in the Bag sat down with Eliut Rivera where he shared his hot new hair trends, favorite styling hair products and his best tips for women 40+ on best bets for a youthful look.
1. What are the hot, new hair trends for fall and winter?
With the Lob being so popular during summer, we are going to see women start to grow their hair out over the next couple months. Fall and Winer will be the time for longer, texturized hair that is easy to style. As for styling, we are still going to see lots of “bent” waves, pin straight looks, and wet hair looks on and off the runway. Sleek centered parts are still the go-to. And fall is a great time for braids and updos.
2. What are some of your personal favorite hair products & tools you recommend to clients, and what makes them so great?
Milbon – I love their styling products because you see results instantly. I have seen so many beauty products throughout my career, and these deliver every time.
Rene Furterer – Their line of shampoos and conditioners work wonders on hair. They effectively clean hair while leaving it smooth, shiny and strong.
Marcel Iron – This amazing iron curls hair while making it look shiny. It heats up and cools down within seconds. My clients love the beautiful waves and curls this iron achieves.
3. Share your top tips for women 40+ on best bets for a youthful look
- Listen to your hairstylist – Your hair stylist has years of experience with different face shapes and haircuts. They take into account the look you are trying to achieve and how that can translate for you personally. It’s worth asking their opinion before a big cut decision.
- Add Volume – Find styles that don’t hide your face, but frame it. When running out the door, a texturing spray is an easy way to add volume and lift.
- Hair Health – Health is a sign of youth. Take care of your hair with good shampoos, conditioners, and styling products and get cuts regularly. Split ends and dry hair will add years, but silky, smooth hair will leave people guessing your age.