Photo Credit: www.latisse.com
OK, I’m Hooked!
If you have already red my earlier features on BITB, LATISSE DIARY PART ONE and LATISSE DIARY PART TWO, you will note that I was a skeptic at first. I am now totally into the Latisse thing and loving my long, lush lashes.
I have picked up a few tricks along the way that I want to share:
- Get your own brush – I found a skinny eyeliner brush that limits waste and gets the drug exactly at the lash line where you want it. This cuts down on irritation and the chance of hyperpigmentation
- Use your cap – Unscrew the cap, hold it pointy side down, and squeeze the few drops you need for each application into the cap. Dab your brush into the cap, which sort of acts as a basin. I got this great tip from another diehard Latisse addict and it’s brilliant!
- Cut down on daily usage – Once you get out to 16 weeks, your lashes may get so long that they start to get unruly. Cut back to 3-4 times a week or every other day for maintenance long term.
- Use it only where you want extra length – During the maintenance phase, you can tailor your Latisse treatment to application Â selectively to the central or even just the lateral (meaning outer) lashes to avoid growing your inner lashes too long to manage.
- Use a skin lightening cream to avoid hyperpigmentation – If you see any signs of skin darkening, use a skin lightening product such as LUMIXYL which is peptide based or a prescription hydroquinone based cream (such as Tri-Luma) to counteract any side effects of Latisse. Always use an SPF15-30 during the day to protect eyelid skin from UV rays.
BEAUTY ON A BUDGET SAVINGS TIPS
Prices are really coming down – and if you shop around, you can save a lot on your Latisse habit:
- Sign up on http://www.latisse.com for LATISSE LASH PERKS to get rebates via email
- Ask your doctor’s office if they participate in the LATISSE rebate program (vouchers for $10 and $20 may be available)
- If you sign up for a RiteAid Rx Savings Card, you will get an additional 20% off your Latisse prescription. http://www.riteaid.com