Photo Credit: dermablend.com
Snakes, butterflies, hearts, skulls or whatever your fancy is, tattoos can be a bold statement about your personal style – or they can be a major source of embarrassment and regret. Getting rid of them is not a simple undertaking either. Lasers can get the job done, but they are expensive, unpredictable depending on the ink used, painful and can take multiple treatments. The downside about tattoos is that getting one and getting rid of one can hurt like hell – UNTIL NOW.
If you had told me a while ago that a concealer could completely cover a tattoo and remain budge proof and waterproof for hours, I would likely have scoffed. But with summer in full swing and melt-proof makeup a necessity, the question of covering up those pesky scars, dark spots and marks all over your body is important – especially if you’re off to Coney Island or Sandy Hook. Dermablend has now introduced its spokesperson, Zombie Boy (his entire face and body are covered with tattoos), and gives us a solid reason why we can trust the brand to cover up anything. To watch the spectacular video that shows the transformation of Zombie Boy into a tattooless individual, visit here.
If Zombie Boy can cover up his tattoos with the foundation, then you should have little trouble concealing yours, with these stellar products that are tried and true:
- Smooth Indulgence Concealer SPF 20 ($22): This medium coverage concealer is great for localized skin flaws, and a tiny bit goes a long way. It promises – and delivers – twice the coverage of a classic concealer. It’s perfect for dark eye circles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and bruising. The best part is that it really does provide long wear coverage – as much as 12 hours – and doesn’t dry the skin. Choose from 8 shades.
- Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 20 ($30): This is a great option for minor skin flaws, and for providing a really beautifully smooth look. It’s medium coverage and great for redness, rosacea, uneven skin tones and minor acne scars. This is available in 11 shades.
- Leg and Body Tattoo Primer ($25): If you’re the kind who has heavy ink tattoos, stretch marks, varicose veins, spider veins, scars, burns and more, you’ll definitely want to invest in this Tattoo Primer, which you use under theLeg and Body Cover ($27) to conceal them. The primer comes in two shades.
Melt-proof makeup is not a myth…it’s a completely doable phenomenon with these tips from Makeup Artist Jose Parron:
- Wear appropriate SPF makeup to the beach: It’s totally a-okay to wear concealer, foundation, and the whole nine yards to the beach…just make sure the SPF is adequate.
- Use moisturizer before applying foundation: Ensure that your body and face is thoroughly moisturized before applying foundation, and use short up and down strokes and let it set before topping it off with powder.
- Go for a “bronzed” look: Choose a shade of foundation/Leg & Body Cover that is slightly darker than your own skin tone to get a sun-kissed look.
LASER IT AWAY
If your want your tattoos gone forever, there are some advanced laser systems that can be very effective, without some of the discomfort and variability of older devices. The newest Syneron-Candela TriVantage’s Alexandrite can treat all or at least most colors of ink including greens, blues and black and even red. This system can completely remove your tattoos so that they are a thing of the past, no cover up makeup required.