HAVE A GREAT HAIR DAY
Freezing cold temperatures combined with low humidity and dry heatÂ can leave you with dull, dehydrated, static-y hair just begging for some majorÂ nourishment and recovery. This is why I’m a huge fan of winter hats. A basic black knit style is my go-to, but I’ve been known to don a cap, aviator hat, beret and even a fedora on occasion. I like the fact that they lookÂ cool and can help keep you warm, but the most important thing is that they can hide the most horrible of hair days.
Here, tips and hair helpers to have great hair every day – no hat required:
7 TRESS TIPS FOR WHEN THE WEATHER DIPS:
- Shampoo lessÂ since cleansing too frequently can strip protective oils and dry out your hair. WhenÂ you do shampoo,Â choose a moisturizing or sulfate-free formulaÂ and useÂ tepid (instead of hot) water for yourÂ shower.
- Use a humidifier as a quick fix to infuse dry, indoor air with moisture, robbed.
- Add oil to your hair (particularly the ends) to help alleviate damage. A lightweight one won’t weight hair down.
- Deep condition weekly to keep hair lustrous and healthy.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plant of fresh water and eat unprocessed foods rich in “good” fats like fish, olive oil, avocados and nuts.
- If you suffer from static, a spritz of light-hold hairspray or a dryer sheet swiped over your locks will fix it in a flash.
- Have a few “bad hair day” low-maintenance styles in your pocket. TryÂ a sleek ponytail orÂ easy updo to look effortlessly chic.
Lâ€™Huile de Leonor Greyl Pre-Shampoo Oil Treatment ($59), applied to dry hair for 15-20 minutes before shampooing will repair damaged and lackluster locks.Â It’s formulated with a blend of botanical oils to protect, nourish and detangle. Mongongo and refined copra oils hydrate, regenerate, and restructure the hair.
Number 4 L’eau de Mare Hydrating Shampoo ($34) is part of the Number 4 High Performance Hair Care Hydrating Collection. This sulfate and sodium chloride-free, color-protecting, anti-aging, moisturizing shampoo contains vitamin B5 to condition, antioxidants to protect, silicone for a super-glossy shine and many more hydrating, strengthening, restorative ingredients.
John Masters Organics Rose & Apricot Hair MilkÂ ($26) is ideal for dry or damaged hair. It’s a nutrient-rich, light, leave-in product that softens, nourishes, hydrates, replenishes, adds shine and can even be used as a light-hold styler.
KMS MoistRepair Revival Cream ($17) instantly detangles, makes hair manageable, restores moisture balance and controls static flyways. Use on damp hair before styling or on dry hair for added moisture.
Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti-Breakage & Anti-Frizz Restoring Hair Mask ($15) restores coarse, curly, damaged hair and prevents breakage and frizz. Made with strand-strengthening shea butter, tiara gardenia, silk, pro-vitamin B5 as well as coconut, babassu, olive, moringa and copra oils, to leave hair sleek and strong and healthy.