Sephora Collection Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set ($60 for 7 piece set)
ANTI-MICROBIAL BRUSH PICKS
Whether you prefer natural or synthetic brushes keep in mind that cutting-edge antimicrobial technology can minimize the growth of harmful bacteria and keep brushes fresher for longer, plus they’re appropriate for even the most sensitive skin. You’ll still want to wash them just as often to keep them hygienic but think of it as a little added insurance against acne and less lush lashes.
VMV Hypoallergenics Skintelligent Beauty Brushes ($15-$32 per brush)
TO CLEAN YOUR BRUSHES PROPERLY
Fill a bowl with lukewarm water and some baby shampoo.
Gently swirl your makeup brush(es) in the bowl, avoiding the part of the brush where the handle meets the head.
Rinse the brush tip under running water. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the water runs clear.
Gently squeeze out the excess water with a clean towel and reshape the brush head.
To prevent mildew and misshapen bristles, air-dry by letting the brush hang off the edge of a counter.
- MEET ELLEN GENDLER, MD – NEW YORK CITY BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST
- WE TRIED DEFENAGE 6-WEEK PERFECTION NECK CREAM AND HERE’S WHAT HAPPENED
- MEET MARK HAMILTON, MD – FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND CHAIRMAN OF THE PUBLIC INFORMATION COMMITTEE FOR THE AAFPRS
- SPONSORED – CHECK OUT THE SHOPBOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE
- MEET PAUL J. CARNIOL, MD – NEW JERSEY FACIAL PLASTIC SURGEON AND PRESIDENT OF THE AAFPRS